2013 Spring Open House – March 16th
Saturday, March 16th, 12 – 5 pm
The Julia Dean Photo Workshops, 755 Seward St, Los Angeles , CA 90038
JDPW is very proud to offer the photographic community its Fifth Annual Spring Open House!
Our annual Spring Open House is all about community. It’s a time and place for all those interested in photography and the arts to come together and meet, socialize, learn, laugh and grow. Sit in on a FREE class, listen to a distinguished panel of photographers, network with other artists, try your luck at some terrific raffle prizes, and eat some back-yard barbecue! Whatever your pleasure may be, we encourage you to spend an afternoon with us, invite your family and friends, and enjoy some good food, fellowship and fun! FREE and open to the general public.
12:00 – 12:30 pm: Check In
12:00 – 5:00 pm: Swap Meet
12:30 – 1:15 pm: FREE classes / tutorials (DSLR Video Basics with Tim McGovern and Mac Essentials with Tanya Robinson)
1:30 – 2:30 pm: Photojournalist Panel Discussion, moderated by Julia Dean. Panel members include David Butow, Francine Orr, Marissa Roth, Al Schaben and Ted Soqui. (For bios please click here.)
2:45 – 3:15 pm: Introduction of JDPW Instructors
3:00 – 5:00 pm: Student Portfolio Showcase
3:30 – 4:15 pm: FREE classes / tutorials (Creative Portraiture with Ken Merfeld and Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 with Jim Sanderson)
4:30 pm: RAFFLE PRIZES!!
The afternoon will feature:
• A panel discussion with guest photojournalists, moderated by Julia Dean
• A viewing of student portfolios from Aline Smithson’s “The Next Step 2” workshop
• Some JDPW instructors who are teaching in the Spring Quarter
• Various organizational vendors including A&I Books, ASMP Los Angeles, LADiG, SYNC Photo Rental, Canon USA, Calumet, Freestyle and Nik Software (vendors are subject subject to change.)
• FREE classes and tutorials including DSLR Video Basics, Photoshop & Lightroom, Creative Portraiture and Web Design
• A Swap Meet all day long
Have any photo equipment to sell? Want to sell it with no commission? There will be rows and rows of tables with people selling used equipment during the Open House. If you care to sell equipment, you must contact us to reserve a spot. Each spot will cost a flat rate of $25 (no additional commission will be taken). Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This fun-filled event will include:
• A Photo Booth in our pack parking lot
• Dray’s Bar-B-Q selling delicious food in the back parking lot (Yum!)
• Raffle prizes, and more!!
Raffle Prize drawing will include:
- Nik Software: 2 – Complete Collection Ultimate Editions software ($495 each)
- Calumet – 2 – $100 coupons for rental + 1 – Calumet camera bag
- Freestyle Photographic Supplies: 2 – packs of Awagami paper (Japanese Washi paper) ($29.99 each)
- A&I Photographic and Digital Services: 2 – 11×17 lay flat custom books ($95 each)
- The Julia Dean Photo Workshops: 2 – One-Year Memberships ($95 each) + 2 – $250 Gift Certificates
All Open House attendees enrolling in 2013 Spring Quarter workshops (April – June) will receive 10% off the tuition price!! (Does not include travel workshops.)
When: Saturday, March 16th, 12-5 pm
Where: The Julia Dean Photo Workshops, 755 Seward St., Los Angeles, CA 90038
Call 323.464.0909 or further information.